Musical Instrument Hire Terms
The conditions of hiring are:
- The instrument is hired for the school year ending on the date of the last day of the Music school. No refunds are payable in the event of the Hirer terminating the contract earlier than the term stated or the contract being terminated in terms of Clause 8. The instruments need to be returned to BNMC and signed off by authorized staff.
- The Hirer agrees that if the musical instrument is not returned after the termination of this Agreement or at the expiry of the hire period the Hirer will be charged $2.00 per day until the instrument is returned.
- The Hire fee shall be paid prior or upon taking delivery of the instrument(s) mentioned below.
- The Hirer is fully responsible for and must insure the instrument against loss and damage.
- The Hirer agrees to keep the musical instrument in good condition and shall ensure that it is used by no person other than the student to whom it is assigned. Damage can occur very quickly if younger children play with instruments.
- The Hirer should attempt, or arrange for, any repairs on a BNMC hire instrument. Damaged instruments must be reported to BNMC for assessment and repair. The cost of maintenance due to wear and tear will be arranged at the cost of BNMC, except for replacement reeds or strings. Repairs necessary as a result of negligence, replacement of lost accessories, and replacement of reeds or strings will be charged to the Hirer.
- In the case of loss or damage beyond repair arising in the opinion of BNMC other than for fair wear and tear, the Hirer shall pay to BNMC the cost of a replacement instrument.
- BNMC shall be entitled to terminate the hire if the instrument is subjected to misuse or the student ceases to regularly attend BNMC classes. In such a case the Hirer shall surrender the instrument immediately.
- The Hirer acknowledges that he/she has read the terms of this agreement and agrees to abide by it.