- How old do you have to be to take lessons?
From school year 1 to school year 8. ( Age from 5 to 12 year old)
- How much does it cost?
Please refer to the Lessons & Enrolments pages.
- How big are the classes?
Depending on enrolment numbers, we usually have around four to ten children.
- Does the child have to do two basic years?
Most students the age of 6 plus need to take recorder for one year and then they can chose recorder, keyboard, ukulele or violin lessons for the second year. However special exemptions can be made for students who demonstrate that they can read music and who have had previous music lessons. The final decision will be at the teacher's discretion.
We also have Introduction to Music class for students who are 5 years old.
- Can children join the choir without learning an instrument?
Yes, children can enrol just for the choir. Normal yearly fees apply.
- Can home schooled children come?
- How long are the classes?
Usually 40 minutes long.
- Do we have to buy an instrument?
No, we have instruments for hire for $100 per year for the members, guitars are $30.
Recorders have to be bought, but they are inexpensive (around $10-$15).
- Where do we get recorders from?
From local music stores.
- Do we need to buy music books?
Yes. Music books is available for purchase at local music stores.
- Are there lessons during the week?
No, only on Saturday mornings between 8.00 and 12.20.
- Do you teach piano?
We don't have piano lessons, but we do offer keyboard as a second basic year ( level 1 and 2).
- Do you teach individually?
No, sorry. We only teach in groups.